Monday, August 26, 2013

An Embroidered Announcement



When I was born, one of my grandmas made a beautiful embroidered birth announcement that I had hanging on my bedroom wall for most of my life. I figured having a baby was a great chance to carrying on the tradition and learn more about the artform. A few informative library books later and I present to you: the embroidered birth of our dear baby, Minka Raine, named after both of our mothers. What a blessing she is!



Being a parent is much more rewarding, fulfilling and exciting than I could have ever imagined. And I imagined it would be fun! Every single day we are blessed by her smiles, quirks, breaths, giggles and wiggles.



It's hard to believe how much she has grown in the last three months! Every week it seems she is growing out of clothes, learning new skills and most recently, taking on the world as a hot dog superhero. Yippee!

1 comment:

buckleybunch said...

Ah! What an awesome job you did on the embroidery! Of course! Cute idea:)
Also, Minka is growing so much and she is SUCH (an understatement) a beautiful little girl!
She is just darling.
Come over sometime for tea! I would love to see you girls again!

You may also enjoy:

o